Year 6, Kingfishers, Mrs Turecek
I am teaching in school today, so I may see a few familiar faces from year 6.
For our second day of home learning, here are your activities below.
1) English: https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-investigate-homophones-6wuk6c
This is a really interesting lesson about homophones!
2) Please spend half an hour on Bug Club reading today. Lots of you have already been reading books on here and completing quizzes. Please choose a book to read and click on the bug icon for questions as you progress through. You could send me your thoughts on the book but remember I can also see how many books you have read and how you have done on the quizzes on my teacher page so I will know that you have been working hard!
3) For maths learning online, we will be using the White Rose Maths website. Today's lesson can be found here: https://vimeo.com/487196408
You then need to complete the worksheet attached below. The answer sheet is also there, so please mark it afterwards! You do not need to print the sheets: you can bring them up on the screen and do your workings out on paper or in an exercise book. This is fine! Please then send your work in via email.
4) Times Tables Rock Stars: please spend 30 minutes on this today, perfecting your times tables skills! Let me know how you get on!
5) For geography please watch the video and complete the task: https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/what-is-the-earth-made-of-6hk3ec
For extra work please complete your SATs books.
Have a good day and I will see you online soon!