Home learning, 5th January 2021!
Welcome to our home learning page for today, Year 4! This isn't how we thought our term would start but as of tomorrow, we will be meeting on Teams together daily to go through our learning for the day. This will be with either Mrs Astin or Mrs Oldfield. We are looking forward to seeing your faces!
Please send your lovely work to: email@example.com and we will reply with some feedback! You may even get a merit! If you are missing any logins for Bug Club or TTRS, please email and I can help with this! :)
For our first day of home learning, here are your activities below.
1) English: Begin the Borrowers unit on Oak Academy English: https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-develop-an-understanding-of-key-characters-from-the-borrowers-cgt36c?activity=video&step=1.
This is a really interesting lesson, where you get to explore the book a bit (it's a classic!) and even watch a clip from the TV programme. In the lesson, you will have some tasks to complete around describing the characters. Please send them to Mrs Oldfield when you're done!
2) Please spend half an hour on Bug Club reading today. Lots of you have already been reading books on here and completing quizzes. Please choose a book to read and click on the bug icon for questions as you progress through. You could send me your thoughts on the book but remember I can also see how many books you have read and how you have done on the quizzes on my teacher page so I will know that you have been working hard!
3) Maths: We were due to start a new unit of work on multiplication and division this week. For maths learning online, we will be using the White Rose Maths website. Today's lesson video is on the 11 and 12 times tables (some of you will like this!) and can be found here: https://vimeo.com/490692507.
You then need to practise the skills learnt using the 11 and 12 times table sheet below (ij the attachments section). The answer sheet is also there (the one beginning ANS) so please mark it afterwards! You do not need to print the sheets: you can bring them up on the screen and do your workings out on paper or in an exercise book. This is fine! Please then send your work to Mrs Oldfield.
4) Times Tables Rock Stars: please spend 30 minutes on this today, perfecting your times tables skills! Let me know how you get on!
5) Finally, we were going to be doing a lesson with Mrs Shepherd on New Year's resolutions today. Please can you draw a lovely leaf shape (if you need inspiration, go and search outside for one in your garden or on your walk today!) and write inside it any New Year's resolutions that you might have! I look forward to reading them!
Have a good day and we will see you online tomorrow!
Mrs Oldfield and Mrs Astin :)