Achieving Our Best Together!
- Children learn best when they are happy and secure.
The first aim therefore is to create a happy, secure, stable and caring environment in which children can develop to the full.
- No two children learn in exactly the same way
We aim to meet the needs of every child.
We aim to provide varied and challenging learning experiences in order to help pupils develop lively inquiring minds, to be creative and to expand their intellectual capacities.
We aim to develop a child’s independence and personal responsibility in the learning situation, so that with encouragement they become self-disciplined, well motivated and best equipped towards fulfilling their individual potential.
- Children need skills and knowledge, which are relevant to adult life and which will enable them to cope with our changing world.
We aim to provide a sound foundation in literacy, numeracy and ICT skills and to foster attitudes towards these disciplines so that pupils can use these skills efficiently and effectively.
- Children need to understand the world in which they live.
We aim to provide opportunities so that children can gain a wide knowledge, experience and understanding across the curriculum. In doing so they will develop, use and apply language, mathematical and creative skills, which will enable them to gain and understand new information.
- Children need to be able to integrate into and contribute to society.
We aim to impart moral values including tolerance of all religions, races and ways of life, as well as fostering international links. We encourage children to relate positively with others and to take responsibility for their own actions.
- We aim to provide a highly professional, caring and effective teaching staff who can bring to their teaching their knowledge and experience of the society in which we all live.
- We aim to provide a support service that will enable all staff to work effectively and to provide a good working environment for the children.
- We aim to encourage parents to be supportive of their children and the school and to work in partnership in the educational process.
- We aim to be well informed, accessible and supportive.
We aim to promote positive partnership between child, teacher, parent, governor and the community
Our School Values are adapted from the London 2012 Olympic Values. They are:
- Respect – fair play; knowing one’s own limits; and taking care of one’s health and the environment.
- Excellence – how to give the best of oneself, on the field of play or in life; taking part; and progressing according to one’s own objectives.
- Determination – the drive and motivation to overcome both physical and mental barriers in order to achieve your goals.
- Courage – having the self-belief and confidence to overcome adversity and face difficulty.
- Awareness – showing respect and humility towards all those around you in the spirit of fair play.
- Friendship – how to understand each other despite any differences.
- Effort- Always giving everything one's best!
Remember it as REDCAFE!